Thursday, August 22, 2013

Another vacation come to close

Well it's been about four months since my last entry. A lot has changed since April. I had a birthday, we've made some renovations on our house, I finally got back to working days again, and most importantly my wife and I had decided that its time for change. As we both sit on our front porch of our quaint little house in the sleepy town of Pen Argyl we discuss the future and what it may hold for us, I smoke my Rocky Patel java cigar and contemplate our life changes. I have come to realize that I am more ready now than ever to pack up and leave this area. Where are we going might you ask? Well it seems our hearts are set on North Carolina. Some may say, why there? Why so far away? What about your family? Well to answer all of these questions in one sentence, I don't know. The only thing that I do know is that Rachel and I have prayed and prayed about where God would lead us as a family and North Carolina, Raleigh-Durham area to be more precise, seems to be our best fit. With Rachel finishing up her masters and becoming a Nurse Practitioner this is a perfect area for her career being that it is the research triangle of NC. For me I work in retail and if I can't get a transfer down there, well, as long as there is a grocery store or some kind of retail market I will be able to find work. Also with NC being in the Bible Belt of America there are plenty of churches that are hiring worship pastors and there is plenty of opportunity for me to use the gifts that God has given me.

Now to address the hardest part of this decision, leaving family. This part is difficult to address for me. Yes I did go to college for a year in Virginia however I made MANY weekend trips home where I could spend time with my family. This move will be difficult for me especially in this light. I will not be able to make as many trips home to see my family. My parents have talked about moving as well but due to the fact that my brother and his kids don't plan on moving yet, I don't see them following after us. Will I miss them? Absolutely. Will it keep me from moving south? No. With exception to getting married three years ago, I have never felt as strong or at peace about moving south. Rachel and I would appreciate your prayers over the coming months as we make final renovations to put our house on the market and hopefully sell before we move. The plan as of right now is that Rachel graduates in July and we are hoping to be ready and able to move sometime next August or September. This gives us a year to get our house situated and begin looking for a place down there. A lot has to happen between now and then and yes things ultimately could change and God could lead us elsewhere but as for now this seems to be the plan that has been laid out before us and it is the plan that we are following. I hope you enjoyed this little update on our life, and stay tuned for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment